This year, I had the opportunity to attend the 2017 International Society of Sports Nutrition Conference in Phoenix. The leading minds in the fields of sports nutrition and exercise science came together to share their research, observations, and best practices for athletic performance, building muscle, and weight loss, among other topics. I was like a sponge, attending as many of the lectures as I could and frantically typing as much as I could into a Google Doc. I also met a few of my favorite researchers and figures in these fields (see below). I am confident that some of them will make an appearance on the podcast. Super excited!
I came out with 7 pages of notes that I am really looking forward to share with all of you. Some of the lectures were tough to follow as I’m still learning myself, but I’m going to post about as much as I can while making sure you get some good information out of it that you can use in your own life. So get excited! Here is the list of topics that I’m going to be covering that were inspired by attending the conference:
- Different diets and how to utilize them effectively to reach your goals.
- What should I use to track my weight loss and fitness progress?
- Want to build muscle? Caloric surplus is the answer.
- Which diet works?
- Most diets are effective
- How much protein should I consume as an athlete? All of it.
- Focus on a long-term approach to dieting rather than the short-term for success and health
- Losing weight isn’t the problem in the US
- Rep Ranges…What’s the best approach?
I am very excited to roll out these posts and information for everyone to learn and get better. Be on the lookout for more posts and podcasts from The Agora and check out some of the amazing people I met at the conference below!